July 2004 marked the 30th year that Dr. Ross has practiced his unique brand of plastic surgery in the Chicago land area. His main focus during these 30 years, has been to perfect his skills in the demanding discipline of Cosmetic Surgery.
Among his contributions to cosmetic surgery, is his invention of the ARC system, an internationally recognized motorized device that simplifies and refines liposuction cosmetic surgery. He has performed thousands of cosmetic surgery procedures from facial cosmetic surgery to all forms of body contouring and sculpting. However, he is best known in Chicago for his expertise in breast augmentation, uplift and reduction. A local news article once written about Dr. Ross was entitled “The Best Breast in the West”.
His skills in Cosmetic Breast Surgery helped him become a leader in Reconstructive Surgery of the breast following mastectomy. His experience in mastectomy reconstruction qualified him to act as one of the founding medical advisors for the Y-Me Breast Cancer Support Group. He now serves as medical advisor emeritus for this National Organization.
Dr. Ross has published several articles for peer-reviewed journals and has authored a chapter on Cosmetic Surgery for the male in a book on Men’s Health published by the AMA. He has appeared on numerous television programs in Chicago including Sally Jesse Raphael, the Jenny Jones Show, the MacNeil-Leher News hour, the Learning Channel and Fox Broadcast News. Dr. Ross has been featured in Chicago Magazine as one of the “Best Plastic Surgeons in Chicago” and by the prestigious Castle Connelly Guide as a “Top Cosmetic Surgeon in Chicago”.
- St. Luke’s Hospital, New York City, NY 1968-69
General Surgery Residency
- St. Luke’s Hospital, New York City, NY 1969-70
- Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York City, NY 1970-72
Plastic Surgery Residency
- Nassau County Medical Center, East Meadow, NY 1972-74
- American Board of Plastic Surgery, 1976
- Clinical Associate University of Chicago
- B.S., Queen’s College, Queens, NY, 1964
- M.D., Upstate medical Center, Syracuse, NY, 1968
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Chicago Society of Plastic Surgeons
- General Surgery at St. Luke’s Hospital and Mount Sinai Hospital in New York.
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at Nassau County Medical Center