Restylane is the answer to long lasting wrinkle correction, with results lasting a minimum of six months, often longer. Restylane is a commonly used dermal filler comprised of the naturally occurring hyaluronic acid, which is a crucial structural element of the human skin.
What is Restylane?
Restylane is the answer to long lasting wrinkle correction, with results lasting a minimum of six months, often longer. Restylane is a commonly used dermal filler comprised of the naturally occurring hyaluronic acid, which is a crucial structural element of the human skin. Hyaluronic acid gives skin the plump, firm, healthy texture in our youth. Unfortunately, this healthy skin definition diminishes over time, and the subcutaneous and connective tissues start to break down, which results in the aging skin Restylane aims to correct. With Restylane we can rejuvenate aging skin to bring back that youthful appearance. Restylane can also be used to plump lips that lack definition or have lost definition with aging.
What areas of the face can be treated with Restylane?
- Nasolabial folds are the most commonly treated area. These are the lines that form the nose extending down to the tips of your mouth.
- Vertial lip lines are also commonly treated. These are sometimes referred to as “smoker’s lines” as well. These lines form on the upper lip.
- The small lines that form just outside the tips of your mouth, sometimes referred to as oral commissures.
- Marionette lines form just outside the edge of the lips and continue down to your chin area and are commonly treated.
- Any wrinkles that form on the chin area
- Lips. Restylane can be used to plump lips to the patient’s desired level.
How long will Restylane last?
Expect Restylane to last at least six months, often longer. Truth is, repeated facial expressions or movements will affect how long the product lasts. Constant facial expressions, such as grimaces, smiles, puckering, etc. can affect the longevity of the product.
How soon after treatment will results be noticeable?
Immediately following the procedure results will be evident, and thanks to a reaction with the water molecules in the body, the results will be enhanced further in the weeks following the treatment. So expect a full result about two to three weeks following initial treatment.
Will I feel discomfort during the procedure?
Most patients experience little to no discomfort. The product is injected with the local anesthetic lidocaine, which means the patient experiences very little discomfort, if any.
What is the downtime?
Minor bruising and redness are somewhat common immediately after the treatment but subside substantially in the hours following treatment. We suggest taking arnica for any patient worried about post-treatment bruising.