Labiaplasty in Chicago – a feminine cosmetic genital surgery
Also known as Labia reduction, labia trimming Labiaplasty, labia minora reduction, labia reduction, Clitoral Unhooding, and Augmentation Labiaplasty.
- Are your vaginal lips, or labia, noticeable when you wear a bathing suit or tight-fitting jeans?
- Does your labia cause you pain or discomfort during sexual intercourse or while riding a bicycle?
- Has your large or uneven labia ever embarrassed you in an intimate relationship? (You may be a candidate for reduction labiaplasty in Chicago.)
- Are your external labia majora deflated and need enhancement for better feel and look? (You may be a candidate for augmentation Labiaplasty by fat injection.)
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, you are not alone. With the rising popularity of bikini waxing, many women have become more aware of the appearance of their genitals. And the abundance of sexually explicit material on TV, online and in men’s magazines has resulted in many women comparing their genitals to what they see on the screen or in print. In some cases, comments from a sexual partner may also prompt women to seek a way to reshape their uneven or protruding labia.
What is Reduction Labiaplasty?
Labiaplasty is a cosmetic in-office surgical procedure to reduce, balance, and reshape the aesthetic size of the labia minora, the thinner inner thinner labia lips of the vagina and the labia majora, the outer labia, outer larger vaginal lips, the folds of skin encircling the female vagina. Most women tell us that they desire the inner lips the minora not to extend past the outer lips the labia majora of the vulva.
How is it done?
With our experience and skill we can design anything you want, but in most labiaplasty Chicago procedures it is the removal of the unnecessary amount of redundant labia minora skin that is meticulously excised. The excess fat and unwanted connective of the mons pubis is liposuctioned.
If the desire is to enlarge the outer lips the labia majora or the mons pubis due to lack of volume, then they are augmented by fat injection.
Common Problems That Lead To A Labia Reduction
- Congenital large vaginal anatomy, as large protruded labia majora and labia minora and the mons pubis(the midline pelvic hump)
- Aging and after pregnancy our youthful labia minora change color from pink to a darker color
- Large redundant skin of labia minora may trap moisture resulting in skin rashes and irritation and swelling
- The vulvar skin stretches and deflates leading to sagging of our redundant labia minora
- The bulging vulva can cause irritation and discomfort
- The fullness of all three structures the mons and labia minora and majora may lead to inability to wear panties or bathing suit
- Hormonal changes also alters the appearance of female genitalia, worsened by recurrent weight gain and weight loss
Frequently Asked Questions
CAN YOU HAVE OTHER PROCEDURES DONE AT THE SAME TIME AS LABIAPLASTY?
At the Liposuction & Cosmetic Surgery Institute of Chicago labiaplasty can also be performed with most other cosmetic surgeries; the most popular of these are liposuction, breast implants, tummy tuck, nose surgery, face and eyelid surgery.
WHAT IS AUGMENTATION LABIAPLASTY?
This is an autologous fat transfer surgery and is to enhance and increase the volume of the labia majora and/or the mons pubis by extracting the patient’s own fat via liposuction and transplanting it into the labia majora by injection.
IS THE PROCEDURE PAINFUL?
No, since a local anesthetic (numbing agent) is administered at the start of the fat transfer.
IS IT SAFE TO GET PREGNANT AFTER A LABIA REDUCTION, LABIAPLASTY?
Yes, the labia is an external genital structure and should not interfere with pregnancy.
WHO DOES NOT QUALIFY FOR LABIAPLASTY?
- If you are pregnant
- If you are on aspirin or blood thinners, it must be stopped for 10 days.
- If you have a yeast infection or genital herpes outbreak.
- If you have prolapsed uterus that has descended and fallen into the vagina.
Otherwise if you are healthy, and have any of the symptoms previously mentioned, then you can benefit from vaginal regeneration and reduction Labiaplasty in Chicago.
WHEN CAN I HAVE SEX AFTER LABIAPLASTY SURGERY?
In few weeks.
HOW MUCH DOES A LABIAPLASTY COST? WILL MY INSURANCE COVER IT?
The procedure generally starts at $4,500. We can help you submit the necessary pre-operative paperwork to apply for benefits if it’s medically necessary. Please remember the decision is made by the insurance coverage you have. If the surgery is simply cosmetic, insurance will not pay for labiaplasty.
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE RISKS ASSOCIATED?
Temporary bruising and swelling, infection, scarring, numbness or increased sensitivity.
CAN THE EXCESSIVE SKIN COVERING THE CLITORIS BE REDUCED AND REMOVED?
Yes, the procedure is termed “Labiaplasty with clitoral unhooding” when excessive skin is excised and may necessitate a V to Y advancement where after the resection the tissues are anchored in midline and higher to the mid pubic bone to better reveal the clitoris.
HOW LONG LASTING ARE THE RESULTS.
They vary individually but typically last many years.
WHAT IS THE DOWNTIME, AND WHEN CAN I RESUME NORMAL ACTIVITIES?
Typically one to two days. You should be able to go back to your normal routine then.
ARE THERE SUTURES THAT NEED TO BE REMOVED AFTERWARDS? WILL THERE BE SCARS?
No we use dissolving sutures, and yes there will be scars but they will vanish with time.
HOW LONG IS THE PROCEDURE, AND DO I HAVE TO BE PUT UNDER?
The procedure is non-invasive and lasts between 30-60 minutes. We use intravenous twilight sedation or Local lidocaine. If desired general anesthesia is also available.
WHO CAN BENEFIT FROM LABIAPLASTY IN CHICAGO?
- Those who desire a cosmetically pleasing appearance vulva.
- Those who have pain during sexual intercourse
- Those who have discomfort caused by the redundant, over sized, or asymmetrical vaginal skin
- Those who feel unattractive and self conscious in the vaginal area especially avoid wearing tight pants and wish to get rid of some of the extra skin down there
- Those who would like to reduce bulging of the outer or inner lips of the vagina (labia majora and labia minora)
- Those who suffer embarrassment and feel awkward with their sex partner
- Those who suffer from lack of volume and desire the augmentation of the labia majora and the mons pubis
- Those who feel discomfort that interferes with exercise, bicycling, swimming, or your sex life.
- Those who suffer from genital hygiene issues due to moisture trapping
HOW IS A CHICAGO LABIAPLASTY SURGERY DONE?
There are various in office surgical methods to achieve the desired results of reduction of the labia minora and majora, and the mons pubis. The most common methods of Labia minora reduction labiaplasty are:
- Edge resection or Clamp resection is cutting and removing the unwanted edge of the labia minora
- Central wedge resection, where a calculated wedge is resected and removed from the thickest part of the labia minora to balance both labia for a pleasing look
- Laser De-epithelization and resection of the edges of the excessive skin
- Liposuction to alleviate unsightly bulging of outer lips and the enlarged mons pubis
WHEN IS THE BEST TIME TO HAVE REDUCTION LABIAPLASTY?
When you can take off from work for a few days and rest after the vaginal surgery,
WHAT ARE TYPICAL RESULTS?
According to the Journal of Sexual Medicine, patient satisfaction is in the 95 percent range. You will notice the results in short weeks. Your vaginal skin will look, more youthful and healthier.