At the Liposuction and Cosmetic Surgery institute, we hope all our patients and their families remain safe and healthy during these uncertain times. As we welcome our patients back to the practice, we wanted to share all the new policies and procedures we have implemented in an effort to keep our patients and staff members safe and healthy. We have monitored CDC recommendations closely. Here’s what you can expect, whether you’re planning on a visit to our offices or already have an appointment:
- We have limited the number of appointments each day in an effort to keep patient flow to a minimum and provide enough time for cleaning and sanitation throughout the day.
- We have molded the schedule in an effort to limit patient-to-patient contact in the office and promote social distancing.
- We are asking that patients do not arrive early or late to their appointments. If you arrive extremely early, please do not expect to be seen early. If you arrive late for your appointment, we may ask you to reschedule your appointment.
- We have decommissioned our waiting rooms. We ask that when you arrive for your appointment, you call us from the parking lot to let us know that you have arrived. Our staff will either instruct you to enter the office at this time, or will call you back when your exam room is ready. Please do not enter the office without first alerting us to your presence from the parking lot. Note: if your appointment is in our Chicago office, we ask that you wait in your car or outside the building on Oak Street. In the case of inclement weather, the foyer outside is covered and provides cover. Remember that we have limited the number of appointments each day and waiting times should be minimal.
- All patients must wear masks and keep them on at all times, except if asked to remove it by your medical professional. If you refuse to wear a mask, please do not even attempt to visit our office. You will be kindly asked to exit the office immediately upon entry without a mask. Note that at this time we cannot provide patients with masks or face coverings. All patients are required to bring their own masks or face coverings.
- Upon entry to the office, we will screen all patients by taking their temperatures with touchless thermometers and asking them a series of questions. Any patient who presents a temperature of 99.5 degrees or greater will be asked to postpone his/her appointment. Also, if you present any of the other symptoms listed on our screening form (fatigue, cough, sneezing, aches/pains, runny nose, sore throat, headache, shortness of breath, etc.) or if it’s determined that you were recently in contact with anyone exhibiting these symptoms, you will be asked to reschedule your appointment. Additionally, anyone who refuses to be screened will be kindly asked to exit the office immediately.
- Hand sanitizer will be available shortly after entering the office. All patients entering the office should sanitize their hands upon entry.
- All patients will sign mandatory COVID-19 consent forms prior to any treatment. Click here to review this consent form prior to your appointment.
- All patients will be directed straight to their exam rooms.
- Use of mobile phones/tablets/laptops during your visit will not be permitted, except in absolute emergencies. Please plan accordingly and finish any phone calls prior to entering the office or delay any communication until after you have exited the office.
- While we have missed our patients dearly and we’d love to catch up with you all socially, we ask that all patients keep their discussions with our staff members to a minimum and keep the focus on your treatment goals and desires.
- Nobody else will be allowed to accompany you to your treatment room. At this time, there will be no exceptions to this rule. Any friends or family members who also have appointments will be placed in separate rooms.
- Contactless payments are highly recommended. Our payment processing hardware accepts Apple Pay, Samsung Pay and Google Pay. Please strongly consider using these forms of payment in the office. We will have no change on hand for cash payments. If you wish to pay in cash, please bring the exact payment. Any cash overpayments will be applied to your patient account as a credit toward future visits.
- All patients will be instructed to use the provided hand sanitizer after completion of the treatment.
Staff Policy and Procedures & Personal Protection Equipment
- Our staff members have all been provided with proper PPE equipment (masks, gloves, face shields, gowns, etc.). All patients who feel uncomfortable with the level of PPE being utilized by staff members should immediately direct any questions and/or concerns to our office administrator, Michael, via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Each staff member is screened daily for signs and symptoms of SARS-CoV-2 infection. Additionally, each of our staff members is routinely tested for active SARS-CoV-2 infection, even in the absence of symptoms.
- Our staff members continue to practice social distancing while in the office, and we encourage our patients to do the same.
Office Sanitation Protocol
- All high traffic areas are sanitized multiple times throughout the day using antiseptic wipes and solutions.
- Each room is sanitized and disinfected between patient encounters.
- Our practice has invested in medical-grade UV light sterilization devices in an effort to minimize airborne pathogens within the office.
- All HEPA air duct filters are maintained and replaced on recommended maintenance schedules
At the Liposuction and Cosmetic Surgery Institute, it is our goal to keep our staff and patients safe and healthy. If you have any questions and/or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to our office administrator, Michael Szwaja, via email at email@example.com.Back to Blog Page