Permanent Laser Hair Removal Treatment
The Liposuction & Cosmetic Surgery Institute offers laser hair removal in Chicago and the surrounding suburbs because there is nothing more frustrating and unappealing than having hair growing in areas where you don’t want it, and really where it shouldn’t be growing in the first place. You may have tried all different potions and lotions, or painful plucking, tweezing or waxing, but if you are looking for virtually painless and permanent results, today’s advanced laser hair removal technology is fast becoming the treatment of choice for both men and women.
How Laser Hair Removal Works
A pulsed laser light energy is delivered to the root of the hair, right at the follicle. The laser effectively burns the root of the hair, eventually killing the hair follicle after several treatments.
Where on the body can laser hair removal be performed?
Just about anywhere you have unwanted hair. Our lasers provide excellent precision for a treatment that is both individualized and precise. If you’re tired of painful hair removal techniques like waxing and plucking areas of your body, including your face, arms, legs, backs, chest and other sensitive areas, then laser hair removal might be the treatment for you.
Benefits of Laser Hair Removal
- It is Accurate. Lasers can selectively target dark, coarse hairs, leaving the treated area undamaged.
- It is Fast. Each laser pulse takes a fraction of a second and can treat many hairs. The laser can treat an area approximately the size of a quarter in a second. Small areas such as the upper lip can be treated in less than a minute, and large areas, such as the back or legs, may take up to an hour.
- Proven Results. Permanent hair removal is what all patients would ultimately want to achieve. This is highly probable with several sessions.
- Trained Professionals. Our medical staff including, doctors, nurses, and professionally licensed aestheticians have spent hours training and performing laser hair removal treatment on patients and in the lab to assure you that when you come to Liposuction and Cosmetic Surgery, you will have the procedure performed by consummate professionals.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is laser hair removal painful?
With each pulse of the laser, you’ll feel a slight tingle. This sensation is a fraction of what you would feel with other painful, time consuming, messy alternatives like waxing. A cooling gel is used during treatment in an effort to weaken the sensation of the treatment. This gel also helps the energy travel through the skin to effectively kill the hair follicle at the root. There may be some redness and/or discomfort after the treatment. A simple ice treatment can help alleviate this discomfort.
How many sessions of laser hair removal are required?
Each patient provides a different set of goals and circumstances. This is important to remember. That said, you’ll probably be satisfied with the result after eight to 10 treatments, spaced four to six weeks apart. Periodic “touch-up” treatments may be required thereafter.
Do the hair removal product handheld devices you can buy in stores work?
You may see minimal results with these handheld hair removal devices you can buy at drug stores, supermarkets and the like. But it’s important to remember that the lasers in our offices can only be operated by licensed professionals. Those handheld devices are equipped with such low level lasers that they are hardly effective. Only in an office like ours can you get access to a laser strong enough to obliterate the hair follicle.
Are patients of all skin tones and colors candidates for laser hair removal?
Yet another advantage of the laser hair removal devices in our practice is the ability to adjust these devices to appropriately treat patients of different skin tones and colors. Only the doctor will make the determination on if any given patient is a candidate for laser hair removal. We take this issue seriously to ensure the long term satisfaction of our patients is preserved.
What does laser hair removal cost?
The cost of laser hair removal varies, depending on two main factors:
- Size of the area being treated and time required for treatment
- Number of treatments required
What is the first step toward starting laser hair removal?
All of our patients first have a consultation with a doctor to determine if laser hair removal can help the patients achieve their treatment goals. Visit the Liposuction and Cosmetic Surgery Institute at one of our four Chicagoland locations in Chicago, Oak Brook, Arlington Heights or Naperville for your free consultation.