Rhinoplasty is a delicate and skilled surgical procedure aimed at reshaping the nose to a more aesthetically pleasing form.
Most people nowadays are not looking for extreme changes of the nose but rather a subtle refinement such as the tip of the nose or the hump of the bridge of the nose improvement.
Rhinoplasty and Nasal Reshaping in Chicago
Surgical and non-surgical nasal contouring procedures. Also known as a nose job, primary rhinoplasty, rhino-septoplasty, septoplasty, repair of damaged nose and nasal contour enhancement with injection of fillers.
The nose is the central feature of the face. When we look at someone’s face their appearance is judged by their nasal shape. The shape of someone’s nose determines whether we consider someone to be attractive or not.
Excess amount of nasal cartilage can produce a dorsal hump or a nose that is too long and has a low hanging tip. Abnormalities of the bony construction of the nose can produce excessive width of the nose or one that is not properly aligned.
Through a single, safe procedure that reshapes the nose, can improve breathing and improve self esteem. A delicate and skilled surgical procedure aimed at reshaping the nose to a more aesthetically pleasing form. Most people nowadays are not looking for extreme changes of the nose but rather a subtle refinement such as the tip of the nose or the hump of the bridge of the nose improvement.
- Surgical removal of excess nasal cartilage to smooth the nasal dorsum or shorten an excessively low and hanging tip
- Surgical realignment of the bony nasal framework to produce a more desirable shape
The prefered and long lasting method is the surgical method outlined above. There are also a few non-surgical methods to improve the appearance of the nose, but these are more temporary and adjunctive “finishing touch” fixes, rather than the main rhinoplasty procedure.
- Botox© to relax the wrinkles adjacent to the nose
- Botox to lift the tip of droopy nose
- Filler precision injections to fill in defects in nasal contour or slope and to enhance areas that need more fullness. Precise amounts of Radiesse and Juvederm are used.
- Chemical peels, usually TCA acid (trichloroacetic acid), alpha hydroxy peels, such as glycolic acid peels, jessner peels or modified phenol peels to smooth nasal skin and improve nasal pores
- Lasers (Sciton©, Erbium) or Ultrapulse CO2 (carbon dioxide), which are used to tighten skin of of the nose and adjacent areas.
What are some of rhinoplasty benefits?
- Surgical removal of excess dorsal tissue, thereby reducing a nasal hump
- Surgical narrowing of the nose and nasal tip through bone realignment and cartilage
- Surgical procedure, which will improve breathing by addressing septal deviations and re-alignment of bony abnormalities.
- Surgical procedure, which will reshape the tip of the nose to produce a more pleasing appearance
What can be achieved during rhinoplasty?
- Reduce an undesirable aspects of the nose such as a large dorsal hump
- Thinning a nose that is too wide
- Improving associated breathing difficulties
- Giving a patient new personal confidence and self esteem
A thorough nasal examination will be performed externally and internally to gain knowledge of the anatomy of the area. Any associated medical problems such as diabetes and hypertension must be under control. All blood thinning medication such as aspirin, coumadin, Motrin, plavix, Xarelto (Rivaroxaban) should be stopped 10 days prior to the procedure. Also, patients should abstain from alcohol and tobacco before and after the procedure. These substances are known to retard post-surgical healing.
Where is rhinoplasty done in our practice?
In our private, safe and fully equipped surgery facilities at any of our four Chicago and Chicago and suburban offices. Our surgery facilities are equipped with the latest technological advanced instruments.