Jeuveau is the newest injectable neuromodulator, distributed by Evolus, which is due to arrive in Chicago in summer 2019. Jeuveau is a neurotoxin in the same family as Botox, Dysport and Xeomin. This FDA approved injectable cosmetic treatment is indicated for the temporary improvement in the appearance frown (angry) lines, which are the unsightly lines between your eyebrows (and some people know as the “11 lines.”)
What is Jeuveau?
Jeuveau is officially approved by the FDA for the treatment of facial frown lines. This is referred to as “on label” treatment, but like other neuromodulators or toxins available in the market today such as Botox, Dysport and Xeomin, many medical providers treat their patients with “off label” neuromodulator treatments. Some examples of these treatments are as follows:
● Horizontal wrinkles of the forehead
● Wrinkles around the eyes, also known as “crows feet”
● Under eye wrinkles
● Vertical wrinkles around the mouth, also known as “smokers’ lines”
● Neck bands, also known as platysma bands
● Horizontal and vertical wrinkles of the neck
● Wrinkles of the upper chest, also known as the décolletage
● Excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis) of the armpits, hands, feet and face.
● Improvement of migraine and/or tension headaches
● And while not a measurable scientific effect of the treatment, many patients claim that reduction of facial wrinkles and lines helps improve their self esteem, depressive mood and/or zest in life.