Non-Invasive Procedure Options
No matter how hard we try to turn back the clock, aging is a universal certainty. While there isn’t anything wrong with getting older, many of us wish we could limit the effects aging has on our appearance. Skincare treatments and surgical solutions, like facelifts and implants, have long been the only ways to reduce signs of aging. However, a new non-surgical procedure is becoming the treatment choice for numerous adults looking to rejuvenate their appearance.
What are Non-Surgical Face Lifts and PDO Threads
A facelift procedure involves surgically removing or lifting sagging tissue to tighten skin. Similar procedures can be performed on other areas of the body, as well. Additional cosmetic surgery solutions involve fat removal, fat transfer, implants, or reshaping. However, a non-surgical lift using PDO threads allows you to achieve the same results without surgery.
If you’re asking yourself, “What are PDO thread lifts?” you’re probably wondering how a non-surgical procedure can produce the same results as a surgical facelift. PDO lifts are designed to sculpt the face using thin, absorbable sutures that are inserted beneath the skin. This is done with local anesthetic and the process usually takes under an hour.
How Do PDO Threads Actually Work?
PDO threads, or polydioxanone threads, are surgical threads that have been safely used in surgeries for years. These threads are dissolvable, which means they do not require removal. They work by hooking onto underlying facial tissues and lifting them upwards, thereby reducing the appearance of sagging skin, loose skin, fine lines, and wrinkles.
PDO threads are lined with small, cone-shaped barbs which latch onto tissue so it can be tugged into place. This skin lifting treatment also stimulates the body’s natural healing process and collagen production, thereby creating long-lasting results. The collagen boost improves skin texture, elasticity, and radiance, rejuvenating the treated area and creating a plumped, youthful appearance.
Since the threads don’t require surgical insertion, there is no bruising, cutting, or scarring associated with a PDO thread lift procedure.
Thread lifts are highly customizable, and the results will vary depending on how many threads are used, what types of PDO threads are chosen, and where they are inserted.
At the Liposuction & Cosmetic Surgery Institute, your preferences will be discussed with a clinician during your consultation, so we can understand your cosmetic goals and successfully conduct your PDO lift.
Non-Surgical PDO Thread Lift FAQ
Below are some frequently asked questions about thread lifts.
What are the Benefits?
There are many benefits to getting a thread lift procedure in Arlington Heights, some of which include the following:
- Immediate Results – Patients can see the results immediately after treatment.
- Convenient – Thread lifts are quick and usually take only 45 minutes to complete, although treatment time can vary from patient to patient.
- No Bruising or Scarring – No surgery means patients don’t have to go through an extensive healing process.
- No Downtime – A thread lift is non-invasive, which means patients don’t have a long recovery period. One day of rest is recommended before going back to work or taking part in strenuous activities.
- Low Risk – There is little chance of bruising, bleeding, scarring, or other negative side effects associated with surgical procedures.
- Affordable – PDO thread lifts are typically less expensive than traditional facelifts.
- Continued, Gradual Results – While the visible results of a thread lift are immediate, continued collagen production slowly allows for the development of better skin texture, health, and lift over time.
- Long-Lasting Results – Results of PDO lifts last for months, even after the threads have fully dissolved.
How Long Does A PDO Lift Last?
PDO threads usually dissolve naturally in the body within 6-10 months, but the final results of a thread lift can last for a full year, or even up to 2 years in some cases. Biological variables between patients will affect how quickly or slowly the threads absorb, and how long the results last.
How Long Does the Procedure Take?
PDO thread lifts usually take less than an hour, but this can vary depending on each patient’s needs and cosmetic goals.
What Do PDO Thread Lifts Treat?
PDO lifts treat a variety of cosmetic issues, including:
- Sagging Skin
- Fine Lines
- Lost Definition
- Loose Skin
- Lost Elasticity
- Poor Skin Radiance
- Poor Skin Texture
- Lost Facial Volume
Thread lifts are not exclusive to the face. They can be used on numerous parts of the body, such as the arms, breasts, abdomen, and neck.
At the Liposuction & Cosmetic Surgery Institute we offer a number of different thread lifts.
- Nose Thread Lift
- Arm Thread Lift
- Breast Thread Lift
- Butt Thread Lift
- Abdomen Thread Lift
- Face Thread Lift
- Eye Thread Lift
- Jaw & Neck Thread Lifts
Schedule A Consultation
If you’re looking to undergo a thread lift procedure in Arlington Heights, IL contact us at the Liposuction & Cosmetic Surgery Institute today to schedule a consultation. Our goal is to help you look and feel your best with advanced procedures and minimally invasive techniques.