Also known as HRT Hormonal replacement therapy in men and women: Regain your youth. Live longer, happier, longer, leaner and stronger. Look younger.
What is Hormone Replacement Therapy?
We like to call it bioidentical hormonal optimization, rather than replacement therapy. Hormonal optimization is the science of diagnosing and treating any aging related hormonal imbalance via a series of laboratory tests and formulating a careful response to the results of these tests.
At what age do hormones decline?
Our hormones may decline anytime after the age of 30-35 years old, but they most commonly start declination around menopause in women and after the age of 35 in men. Genetic factors also influence hormonal decline.
What hormones decline with age?
Almost all hormones decline with age, and that subsequently diminishes many youthful bodily functions, youthful appearance and causes turgor of our skin. The skin sags. The face starts to deflate. Wrinkles start to appear.
Why does cortisol increase with age?
Stress upregulates adrenal cortisol production, eventually leading to adrenal exhaustion. This spiral significantly impairs our ability to deal with stress and further adrenal fatigue.
Why hormonal optimization?
The goal is to optimize and restore the hormonal imbalance by utilizing bioidentical natural hormones, to maintain youthful bodily functions and to slow down the aging process and its associated degenerative changes. If you add adrenal fatigue, poor diet, sedentary life, alcohol, smoking and unavoidable environmental toxins (pesticides) to the aging formula, the outcome will be accelerated aging signs and symptoms.
What is the first step? where do I start?
- The initial one hour or longer consultation and detailed history
- Laboratory examination
-24-hour urine tests
- Discussion of the test results and treatment plan
- Treatment may be oral nutrition supplements
- Lifestyle changes
- Nutritional and dietary counseling
- Exercise prescription
- Hormonal optimization with bioidentical compounded hormones in form of creams, pallets, injections and/or pills.
Who benefits from BHRT Bioidentical hormone optimization?
Both men and women who suffer from:
- Weight gain, especially around the abdomen, waist and the hips
- Decline in youthful metabolism
- Decline of libido and sexual desire
- Decline of quality of orgasm
- Decline in eyesight
- Decline of hearing
- Fatigue, low energy
- Hot flashes
- Night sweats
- Mood swings
- Insomnia restless sleep
- Inability to fall asleep
- Risk of osteoporosis and fractures
- Foggy brain
- Declining memory and frequent senior moments
- Risk of dementia and Alzheimer’s disease
- Fibromyalgia and body aches
- Recurrent yeast infections
- Vaginal dryness
- Vaginal odor
- Vaginal itching
- Urinary incontinence
- Risk of uterine and endometrial cancer
- Risk of breast cancer
- High levels of blood cholesterol and triglycerides
- Abdominal bloating and gas
- Hair changes, hair thinning, and hair loss
- Poor circulation
- Increased body hair
- Frequent urination
- Diminished self confidence and decline of self esteem
- Painful intercourse
- Panic attacks
- Strange dreams
- Recurrent urine and bladder infections
- Headaches and migraines
- Lower back pain
- Aching heels, ankles, wrists and shoulders
- Tender breasts
- Dizzy spells
- Varicose veins
- Declining physical strength
- Declining physical and emotional endurance
- Skin sagging, looseness and appearance of wrinkles on the face and eyes
- Loss of youthful muscle tone